Hirose, a manufacturer in the development of innovative connector solutions, has developed the EnerBee family of small, high-power connectors for use in industrial power supply and other power-demanding applications such as servers, medical devices and home electronics. EnerBee connectors combine a compact space-saving design with high-end performance and current ratings from 5A to 50A. This versatile family ranges from 3.3mm to 10.16mm in pitch, and is available in board-to-board and wire-to-board versions, as well as a plastic relay type connector ideal for replacing terminal blocks.
EnerBee connectors utilize a multiple contact point design with a positive mechanical lock mechanism to ensure reliable and secure connectivity in harsh environments. Many of the PCB connectors in this family are designed to prevent potting material from wicking into the terminal contact area.
The EnerBee connector family now consists of:
- DF33C Series: 3.3mm pitch, maximum rated current 5A. Available in single and double row configurations. A two-point spring support contact structure stabilizes the connection and prevents contact fretting.
- DF63 Series: 3.96mm pitch, maximum rated current 15A. Features high reliability with multi-contact points. Available in straight, right angle and in-line configurations.
- DF22 Series: 7.92mm pitch, maximum rated current 30A. Four-point contact design; available in straight, right angle and in-line configurations.
- DF60 Series: 10.16mm pitch, maximum rated current 45A. Highly reliable five-point contact design with independent contact springs. Available in straight, right angle and in-line configurations.
- EM35 Series: relay type connector, maximum current rating of 50A, available in DIN rail or panel mount options. This series is an ideal for replacement for terminal blocks, improving assembly efficiency by eliminating hand wiring.
“The EnerBee connector family incorporates not only high-contact reliability for industrial power applications, but also cutting-edge technology for high-performance and functionality,” said Rick van Weezel, Vice-President of Sales and Marketing for Hirose Electric USA. “Hirose specializes in the development and manufacturing of connectors for industrial applications. Our broad power product portfolio is designed for demanding devices and systems.”
Multiple keying options, pin count, and latch styles are available to meet most any application requirement.