ExBII series electrical connectors are anti-explosion electrical connectors designed for petroleum top drive systems (mechanical device on a drilling rig that provides clockwise torque to the drill string to facilitate the process of drilling a borehole). They are flame-proof and the ingress protection level is IP 68. These highly reliable connectors can be used in both the top drive, or other explosion-proof or harsh applications such as mud, desert, etc.
The performances are listed as following:
● Protection level: IP68
● Operation temperature: –55 to 60℃
● Anti-explosion level: ExdI, ExdII
● Working current: 5/10/25/250/500/1000 A
● Working voltage: 500/1000/2000 Vac
● Number of positions: 1, 12, 20, 55, 68, etc
● Mechanical endurance: 500 cycles
● Compliant standard: IEC60079-0/IEC60079-1
The connectors are mainly used in the motive power and signal transmission between body section and move terminal, move terminal and vertical section, vertical section and level section, level section and electric control room of the top drive.
JAS Interconnect Solutions