Mencom’s unique Inside-Outlet (GFDP1) power port features three GFCI-protected receptacles; two outside and one inside the panel to provide a simple solution to comply with NFPA 79, The Control Panel Utility Receptacle Standard. To comply with the standard:
- All utility receptacles must be GFCI Protected.
- All External Utility Receptacles must be covered.
- All covers must maintain enclosure rating.
- OSHA (Occupational Safety and Health Administration) requires the inspection of all GFCI outlets every month to check if the NFPA 79 standard requirements are satisfied.
Since the non-GFCI outlets inside a panel can be wired through the GFDP1 that is externally installed on the panel door, it provides the ability to conveniently test the outlets without opening the cabinet door while satisfying the NFPA 79 standards. The inspector can simply walk to the panel door, flip the protective cover, and push the test button. This easy step not only helps prevent potential safety hazards (such as Arc Flash) associated with opening an electrical panel but also eliminates the need for costly personal protective equipment (PPE) and a licensed electrician to access the inside of the cabinet.
Key features include:
- 3 GFCI-protected receptacles (2 Outside & 1 Inside)
- 120 V GFCI Receptacle to 120 V Simplex Receptacle
- Easy and Safe TEST/RESET outside the panel
- Outgoing Terminals for GFCI Protected Power
- Finger-safe cover for internal connections to power ports
- UL Type 4, 4X, 12
- IP65 with Mencom metal/low profile housings