Molex Incorporated is committed to helping medical design engineers meet the growing demand for smaller, more portable devices without sacrificing performance and reliability. The company will showcase a wide range of its advanced products at MD&M West, February 10 – 12, Anaheim, CA, booth 1746. Molex electronic solutions are designed for a range of healthcare applications, including implantable and invasive, diagnostic imaging, therapeutic, surgical and patient monitoring equipment.
“When looking to maximize performance of innovative medical devices, more and more design engineers are realizing the importance of the underlying electronic interconnects and associated technologies,” said Anthony Kalaijakis, strategic medical market manager, Molex. “Because we always strive to provide our customers with products that can be easily integrated, Molex solutions are incredibly effective and efficient. And the earlier in the design process we get involved, the greater the benefit is for customers, the end user and ultimately the patient.”
At MD&M West booth 1746, Molex plans to highlight advanced technologies that enable medical OEMs to deliver cutting edge devices. Products on display will be:
- MediSpec™ Medical Plastic Circular (MPC) Interconnect System , an economical solution developed around a modular framework. The system delivers high-mating cycles and low-mating forces at a fraction of the cost of competing machined-contact systems. Combining premium performance and ease-of-use, MediSpec MPC interconnects provide medical OEMs with a cost-competitive, semi-customized connector with excellent contact performance, specifically for hybrid alternatives. Molex custom cable assemblies are available to provide a complete electronic solution.
- Designed to align with the connector types and performance requirements of major MRI equipment manufacturers, MediSpec™ Non-Magnetic RF Contacts and Modules provide significant value for manufacturers of MRI and other types of diagnostic imaging equipment.
- MediSpec™ Hybrid Circular MT Cable Assemblies and Receptacles provide high-performance, mixed optical and electrical signaling to streamline the number of connectors required in medical systems. Metal or medical-grade plastic connector housings provide options for applications from surgical to imaging.
- By combining the versatility of the two-shot molding process with the speed and precision of LDS capabilities, innovative MediSpec™ Molded Interconnect Device/Laser Direct Structuring (MID/LDS) helps medical device designers integrate complex electrical and mechanical features into highly compact applications.
- Low-profile, custom Printed Circuit Assemblies offer tactile silicone membrane graphic overlays, copper flex or polyimide circuitry and micro-board components with embedded LEDs under an embossed window for wider angle viewing, increased visual brightness, decreased light bleed, improved assembly and easier use of curved surfaces.
- Ideal for packaging in tight spaces and harsh environments, Copper Flex Circuit Solutions range from high-speed signals to power connections for optimal flexibility in designing advanced medical monitoring and diagnostic devices.
- Resistive Touch Screens are available in a range of screen material options, bringing medical device designers both cost and design flexibility. A flexible top surface recognizes touch with a gloved finger while providing pin-point accuracy.
- Featuring a range of high-speed options, Molex Microminiature Products deliver high level performance, reliability and durability. Stacking, board-to-board microminiature connectors are ideal for the thinnest hand-held medical devices.
Additionally at MD&M West booth 1746, Molex plans to highlight innovative medical device solutions of the company’s subsidiary partners:
- A leader in the design and manufacture of custom connector and cable interconnect systems, Affinity Medical Technologies brings enhanced value to OEMs in patient monitoring cables, surgical, patient worn electronics, electrophysiology and emergency medical services markets. For patient critical applications, Affinity offers custom medical cable solutions for ECG cables, disposable and reusable catheter, invasive blood pressure, electrophysiology mapping temperature monitoring and defibrillation. MediSpec™ Silicone cable solutions are capable to withstand the harsh environments and sterilization requirements for surgical applications.
- Temp-Flex® Specialty Wire and Cable. A forerunner in the processing of specialty micro-miniature wire, cable and continuous coils using biomedical coating and medical grade base metals, Temp-Flex Specialty Products provide medical device manufacturers with superior product efficiency, reliability and flexibility for optimal patient care.
- Polymicro Technologies™ Specialty Optical Fiber and Capillary Tubing is the world’s leading supplier of silica capillary tubing and specialty optical fibers, optical fiber end prep and capillary assemblies that are labeled, packaged and sterilized per customer requirements. Polymicro is FDA 21 CFR 820 QSR compliant to both this and to ISO10993.
- FCT Electronics Group provides customized medical solutions with a focus on the design and manufacturing of custom mixed-layout connectors and cable assemblies.