ODU is promoting to the U.S. market its advanced modular hybrid connector solutions designed for high reliability rugged test platforms. Dubbed the ODU-MAC line, these designs use ODU’s modular nature and its spindle locking system for easy connection and disconnection.
The ODU-MAC portfolio includes: ODU-MAC White-Line that offers manual mating up to 100,000 mating cycles; ODU-MAC Blue-Line for manual mating up to 10,000 mating cycles; and ODU-MAC Silver-Line, which is a docking connector that provides more than 100,000 mating cycles for automatic test platforms.
Because of their modular nature, they are easy to customize to an application. First, users select what type of locking, housing and receptacle they want to use, as well as docking style. Then, a choice of contacts, ranging from 2 to 20, rounds out the selection.
Additional features of this product portfolio include:
- Easy and ergonomic mating with unique spindle lock
- 34 different modules with high speed
- High voltage, high power, high current
- Fiber optic, coax, pneumatic or hydraulic connections (up to 20 bar),
- Large variety of housings, cable entries, bulkhead and docking solutions
- Low mating and demating forces.
This line is ideal for applications such as test and measurement, industrial, medical imaging, rugged environments, high vibration, mobile testing, portable testing, configurable testing, and scalable testing.