ITT Inc.’s Veam brand previewed its new MOVE modular series for harsh environment rolling stock and railway infrastructure applications at InnoTrans 2018 this week in Berlin.
MOVE is a unique, modular circular connector series that utilizes a series of snap-in modules to deliver a variety of contact layouts that enable the transfer of power, signal and data in the same connector. Attendees at InnoTrans were among the first customers to see the MOVE series firsthand, with full availability scheduled in 2019.
“For the last 60 years, ITT Veam has provided our customers with reliability and durability, while innovating new solutions for every aspect of the rail industry—from the railroad to the locomotive to the passenger car, and everything in between,” said Anh Phan, ITT Veam’s Vice President of Global Sales and Marketing. “Our new MOVE product is no exception. We are excited to be previewing this leading-edge modular technology at InnoTrans.”
Due to its modular and circular design, Veam’s new MOVE series offers the following benefits:
- Power, signal and data in a single connector
- Time and cost efficiencies due to minimized component requirements
- Toolless assembly and easy installation
- Unparalleled flexibility with a variety of contact layouts
- Unique ultra-secure bayonet coupling mechanism
- Minimized weight and condensed footprint all within a circular form factor
In addition to providing time, cost and space-saving efficiencies, Veam’s MOVE series features RoHS-compliant ruggedized plating options including best-in-class Blue Generation (A240) and Black Epoxyurethanic Varnish (T39).